Sunday, January 4, 2009

I am trying to not be worried about posting to the blog twice within less than a 3-month period. I'm sure it will pass.

An email [probably collateral damage from entering Facebook and watching the ripples fan outward] about whether or not I'll get back to the promised third [yes, third] edition of an all-analog RTQE. In this case, it's supposed to seriously consider including the "old favorites" of listeners who particularly enjoyed the first two. In the same sense that it's often the case that old-school electronic tape music powerfully catches the attention of my audience of high-school age [for reasons I don't entirely understand], so it is apparently so that the all-analog stuff powerfully engages older listeners who recall the stuff from the first time around. Instead of fantasizing abot how long one would have to wait to program "the golden age of 1980s sampler music," I find myself aided in terms of focusing my thoughts again on the notion of interesting analog studio recordings by the recent release of two things I thought would really never see the light of day in CD form [except for places run by the serious amateur such as Creel Pone, of course]: the original Anthology Of Dutch Electronic Tape Music, Volume 1 1955-1966 and Anthology of Dutch Electronic Tape Music, Volume 2 1966-1977. I've clung jealously to the copies on vinyl of them I had, and it's great news to see these not only re-issued, but re-issued in their original form, complete with the original liner notes by Dick Raaijmakers. The original work with no attempt at the reissue version of revisionist history? It doesn't get much sweeter than that....