Sunday, January 7, 2007

Rampant Careerism

Part of my New Year's resolution was to bring my behavior more into line with my pronouncements. Rather than merely speaking with admiration about online labels and artists who make their own work freely available in ways that don't include a UPC label, I decided that I would seek to do so myself. To that end, I created my own downloads page on my website, and also decided to pursue some online release opportunities.

The first one of those has come to fruition. A half-dozen excerpts from longer live performance recordings of my work is now available as a part of the Palace of Lights label's online release series, FLOOD. You can access those recordings here.

I'm very excited to be involved with Palace of Lights — it was one of my favorite American indie labels during the decade of the 1980s, and Kerry Leimer, its owner, has emerged in the new century with amazing new work. I commend both his new and reissued work to your attention without reservation. If you're a regular RTQE listener, you'll certainly have heard some of it.